Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

In answer Reginald
    His support of the elderly of Dover will be highlighted at 'Mayormaking' where he has my wife Karen( Chief Officer of Age UK Riverside) to speak and offer hopefully his financial support.
    Publicity is fleeting. How many people remember the name and city of the mayor previously accused of taking drugs?
    The allegation is in reference to the substance involved not the fact it was on film.
    The incident occurred in the Mayor's words many years ago before he became a Councillor, and I have no reason to doubt him.
    I use the noun dignity as in ' bearing in high office' as `opposed to other meanings.
    One good deed he has made was to fund the Christmas Day lunches along with other Councillors from their allocated budgets for the elderly alone on that day.
    He had previously several years ago at considerable private expense to himself transferred the huge wooden sculpture from The Discovery Centre to Green Park school to avoid it being lost to Dover.
    I know of several other instances where the Mayor has shown compassion but as I have no way of contacting him it would be wrong of me to make them public without his permission.

end link