Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Having seen photos of Cllr Wanstall at a Remembrance wreath laying, I most certainly hope he does not ever hold a position where he can cause further embarrassment to this town and insults to Veterans. I heard from a lady I spoke with that 1 excuse given by the town clerk was that there is no dress code for Cllrs. Well, seeing the dress code and general appearance of some cllrs that is no surprise and surely personal pride should step in once this position, asked for prior to being elected, as mayor carries with itself a certain code of appearance. But the question then is, why spend tax payers money on "uniforms" for those representatives? I was asked a few questions by another dog walker to which I had no reply so maybe somebody here could furnish me with an answer ; -Does the job of mayor result in a pension at the end of the year's term? I assume a pre requisite must be a clean police record? If a mayor decides to use a taxi for personal reasons, rather than the leased car provided ( for which we pay) do we as taxpayers still foot the bill? Does the Mayor get a clothing allowance? Who pays for any expenses incurred by the wife/ partner /family of the Mayor if they accompany the Mayor on official engagements?

end link