Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Dear Councillor,

You will recall that you wrote to me August last stating that 'A statement will be coming out shortly to keep residents informed about Tides'.

According to the EKM Nov 23 ' Plans to redevelop a popular leisure centre are set to still go ahead despite a near £9 million deficit for the project.

Councillors at Dover District Council have agreed to pay another £20,000 of taxpayers’ money for the much-demanded Tides Leisure Centre scheme in Deal'.

I was wondering whether we have any movement on the project which was of course announced as part of DDC's fully funded capital program last April (and the only 'Deal' project)?.

In passing I would be interested to know if Ground Sourced Heat Pumps are going to be used.to heat using horizontal ground loops.. The present boilers are costing a small fortune to operate and DDC, for once, could appear ahead of the curve?

https://www.thermalearth.co.uk/blog/151/Ground-Source-Heat-Pumps-for-Swimming-Pools.

Meanwhile in Dover (pop 36,363) work continues on the Creative (sic) Quarter and the FastTrack and the MaisonDieu et al to add to 'investment' in the New Leisure Centre and the Market Square and St James' and Russell Gardens etc while Deal (pop 28,992) gets some new lights on the pier.

Haddock (Capt retd)

end link