Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I did bring this issue up on the old DoverWeb. It appeared that the police were keeping their collective ears to the ground by reading it. Anyway, it culminated with a meeting at my house with a couple of neighbours and a police Sgt.

At one point it was suggested that I might be making a mountain out of a molehill because on looking at the computer only two complaints could be found. At the time I didn't understand that as only 18 months before we suffered an £800 loss during a burglary. Also not mentioned was my assault but was a seperate issue, I reported that in person the following morning. The lady behind the counter (now left the force and certainly not my friend Jano) took down the details on a piece of paper and then apparently filed it in the bin. Oh well, it keeps the crime figures down!

Not hearing anything about my last problem I phoned a nice guy at Bouverie House. He gave me an update. I casually remarked that there should be "op info" on my name and address. He said that he couldn't find any.

He then explained that the computer only keeps records for a year. Any copper looking me up won't see several years of problems. All that is filed away on paper in the bowels of Bouverie House.

The current case against him probably won't get anywhere. The missile thrower cannot be identified and although NFH watched it happen he claims he couldn't have seen it being only partially sighted. It will only stand on it's merits as a minor offence without any history being taken into account.

There is one other thing. It seems that he has a voluntary job with DDC. Part of it I understand involves inspecting old ladies houses. How can he do that if he is partially sighted?

I will not sit down and be quiet.

Terry

end link