Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Just had a document delievered to me about plans to have a National War Memorial site similar to the one I think in Staffordshire,but at the Drop Redoubt.
    This Memorial is to honour the British Commonwealth Casualties from 1914-1945 as we approach the 100th Anniversary of the start of World War 1.
    There is no one Memorial to the 1.7 Million individuals who died from Britain and the Commonwealth.See www.nationalwarmemorial.co.uk.
    The project is being put forward by Craft:pegg and they see it as a way of attracting funding for the regeneration of Dover and the Western Heights.
    There are problems of course,they don't own the site,and they don't have access to grants,but they are hoping for local and national support,to as they say make Dover a proud national focus again.They need the support of English Heritage the site owners and local Champions.
    There will be walls of names,a chapels,archives and they want to know how you feel about it?

So please lets have your comments here on the proposals.They are not my proposals but it would be intresting to hear what Forumites think.

end link