Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Must say I have not seen fog like it was that morning anyway going very slowly I got to the ships which was maud up just out side what was then the marine railway stations having delivererd to the ships I drove to the end of the railway station and turned to come back in the 1960s there was also a rail track running along the outside of the station,and it was fix in the road so thinking to my self I did not want to end up in the water ,so because I could not see a hand in front of me I drove very close to the outside of the station well I forgot at the end of the station the road went round to the right, but I went straight on and yes I ended up on the railway lines which had pebbles under the track not the road ,and my lorry being heavy I could not drive off my wheels were digging in the pebbles I was truly stuck there.

end link