Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well my time in Canada was coming to the end ,anyway one day I was told that I was going to have to do a night guard with others which meant staying in the big guard tent and taking my turn to walk round the camp to hours on and four hours off,so there six of us +a guard N.C.O in charge.well the guard duty was from six till 7 in the morning you had to have a weapon,why I will never know you had no ammunition and even if you had you could not fire the weapon because of the fire risk it was so hot out there you found it hard to breathe at times. and the weapon had to have a coving of sack cloth again because of the fire risk.Well it all was going fine it took over one hour to walk round the camp very dark and lots of very tall trees. Any way we did have a radio in the tent so we did have some comfort it have that on when not on patrol, I t was about 2200hrs and there was going to be some boxing on the radio it was to be Sonny Liston against Floyd Patterson for the world heavyweight title of the world this was boxing as it should be and I was looking forward to listening to it.

end link