Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This is just along the lines what happen,some parts are left out.
    Most of the battalion was out on exercises just leaving a very small rear party which like most times I was left looking after the med\\centre and again I was on duty 24\ but I could go to bed etc but they could call on me at any time.As there was only a very few in camp I was thinking could I aske to go down to the main Canadian camp, they had shops there and even a cinema, so having not been out of camp for a few days I was very bored with just doing some paper work records keeping etc and did not even get a patient to look over. Again it was so hot, me being what I am ,I went and saw a N.C.O. that I got on with and aske him are you good at first aid if the need be,he said he was ,the next thing I asked him"I have been shut up in this camp some days now,can I go down to the main camp just for two or 3hours I will take the jeep .The chances of things going wrong here are very small because of the few numbers of men in the camp.So please can I nep out "He said ok Vic but do not be long as I am a first aider I will cover for you. Great I will be about two hrs ." So I jumped in my jeep and headed for the C\camp I had a quick look round and was heading back to camp but to do that I had to go pass the cinema .I went in just to have a look ,and only just got in the door and two MP came up to me .Are you Matcham,?yes I replied,"You are under open arrest and we have to take you back to your camp immediatly.

end link