Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

All went well with this short stay ,our plane was the first to go ,on the way we was given a briefing ,told that we were heading for Fredericton in New Brunswick we were to land there ,but the officer went on to say it has a short runway and our R.A.f plane WAS THE LARGEST to land on it."great! someone called out ,"lets hope we make it OK.HA .The plane came in to land and as we was going along the runway to stop I could see what looked like the end of the runway getting closer and closer,but it did stop .as we was getting off I looked over ,and very true we was just about on the runway. We was told then to get into the Canadian army lorrys waiting out side, and yes it was very hot.The convoy set off to a town call Gauge town ,it took over a hour to get there , After a short stay ,because the officers had a briefing about the last part of the journey by lorry.ITwas to a very big Canadian army Base.I will not say the name of it or the location just in case I end up in jail again ha ha,well you never know who is looking in.That is as well I will not name the big exercise we was about to go on.I know it was many years ago but ......

end link