Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was told to get into uniform ,t. hen told you are on open arrest so you are to report to HQ to face the CO.on going over there I was told to wait outside his office and take your hat and belt off.I was then matched in and told to stand in front of his desk.The charge was read out going absence without leave.and taking secret documents out of the office.What came next I was not expecting ."Matcham as you know we are flying out tomorrow and you have to go because of your job,we can cover your job as the documents clark ,what we can not cover is that you are the battalion expert on Mosquitoes and the only one we have and as we are going to a area where is going to be lots of them and you will be needed to first talk to the offices and men about malaria and Mosquitoqqes and what to do in the way of protection against them +you must go round the camp each morning spraying and trying to keep the Mosquitoes under control."Sorry sir but I am still a Pte ,I think I should have some kind of rank to do this."Do not push it Matcham you are lucky not to be put away for a long time.Now get out and return to your job, you have not been let off the charges will still be pending on our return to the UK.

end link