Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The replacement orderly turn up ,so I was put in a truck and taken to the port,it never stopped raining and cold even some snow,Told I would have to find my own way back to Colchester good thing was the sea acrossing was better than the one going out ,but had to carry my kit bag and was wearing combat gear and back pack etc,not the best way to travel the very long way back,by bus, train and taxi,and taking over two days to get back they did pack up a rationed pack so I had food to eat on the way back but had to buy my own cups of tea. What seemed to take for ever I did get back,and I went and reported back as soon as I got back,I was given the rest of the day off to rest and sleep.Next day I reported for duty back at the Med/Center,"Glad you are back Vic we are very short of staff and there is a lot of work to do."
    So it was back to my office to start to bring all the Regiment medical documents back up to date.the same day I was called over to the main office,and told my dad had been taken into hospital and was very ill.They gave me a railway warrant and told to get myself home to see him,the same was told to my brother still serving in the guards,also told to ring in after making sure my family were OK .So on getting home we both went to the royal Victoria Hospital to see how my dad was getting on,by this time they had operated on him and he was still very ill but he was taken off the danger list.Must say again the Army are very good over things like this they got both of us home and officer came round to the house to make sure my mum and my dad was OK,We were both told to make sure both our parents had all what they needed and dad was getting better before we returned to our units.

end link