Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

well we left somtime in the morning the weather was raining and the wind blowing all the time the ship was going close to the coast line it was not to bad but when the ship got to the open north sea,it got very bad the waves were very high coming over the top and across the deck,but I was so sick I had to come up on deck not telling a lie I had to rope my hand to a deck ladder and just sit there not caring if I died in the mean time just below me on the main deck which was a open one,one of our lorrys broke the chain holding it down ,and the back of the truck was swinging around it hit both vehicles on each side of it,nothing the crew could do ,but one of the vehicles was a Daimler which belong to capt Perry who was the owner of the well know sauce Perrys sauce.And his car was a right off, we was at sea about ten hrs because we could not get into the port of Stornoway on the Island of Lewes.When at last we got off and Capt Perry saw the car he just laugh,well he is a millionaire and still one today.Well it was dark by the time we got to where the troops were going to stay during the exercises but the vehicle carrying me went on till we came to the R.A.F. base where I was to stay and work from their Medical hut.All I wanted at that time was a bed and no food I was still feeling very sick.

end link