Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Having had their meal and I had a sandwich ad a cup of army tea waiting for their return. When they came back in I was told to stand.
    "Pte Matcham we have talked about your case and find that there is no evidence to show that you done no more than your job so you can return to full duties and the time you was on open arrest will not be put into your records.Glad on hearing that I return to my work in the medical centre .After a few days I put in for some leave.
    Then I had memo from the main office that there was to be two Exercises over the next few weeks,one was a one day one,The other longer .
    The first one was I had to report to Lyneham with C, company we was taken to a class room,and told that we was going up in Dakota Airplanes and that the planes were going to land but not stop they will be going very slow but on the move what will happen is rubbish chutes will be put out at the door ways and we must slide down them and take up position a round the runway,this is practice to make sure you know what to do if ever there was a need to do it on Active Service .So putting on our small pack and carrying a weapon we done it 3 times in the day then returned to our unit.But let me tell you going up in a old Dakota airplane with only benches down each side is no fun

end link