Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well not much more to add to this so we move on,When we got back to Bks remember I am still under open arrest.I was told the hearing about the missing medical documents would be in Two days time.I had a lot of work to do before then,first was to give my weapon a clean and oil up and hand it back in,after that I had to clean all the equipment used on the exercise and boy that was all in a mess with the rain and mud from the exercise and put all the documents back and in order. This took up the two days of waiting before my hearing.The hearing was in the main office and held by a colonel but I do not know where and what post he held.The Dr was there and the Queens own Buffs adjutant the R,S,M,a lady cpl taking what was said etc. I was marched in with no belt or hat on I was asked to give my number, rank , and job.
    Having done this I was told to sit down and the charge was read out to me.
    I do not remember the wording of the charge but basically it was saying .That as the medical documents clerk all medical personal documents were under my care.I said "Yes sir that is right"THe officer who was questioning me also was not one from our regiment and I had never seen him before.He went on to asking me"What training I had done for the job I was doing,"I told him of the courses I had done at Aldershot."So you have never done any training as a documents clerk.What could I say but no."Did you have some one to help you into the job or show you"I was asked if I needed some one to help me ,and I did turn that offer down sir."I wanted to do it my way" Well the ins and outs of this case went on all morning,but the Dr did stand up for me when he was asked "what standard was my work"And he said Matcham had been very good conscientious in the way he went about his work and that I should stay in my post ,also he should not be held for the responsible of the two missing Documents because all the documents were in a real mess when he took over the job and he worked day and night to put them all right and remembering that there was over 1000 personnel documents to put in order.He went on to say the person before he took over had now left the army and he purposely messed the documents up so to make it hard for anyone taking over.
    I was very surprised in the way the Dr spoke about me but was very glad he did.The hearing then stopped for a meal.

end link