Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was working at my desk when the Dr rushed in "Matcham in the morning the whole of the regiment must parade in full battle dress on the square you will need to get my battle dress out and ready to put on .because I have never done it before."
    Well I was getting fed up having to look after him like a baby,so it was time to get my own back. .So I done what he asked and in the morning he said"you will have to put it all on me Matcham because I do not know how it all goes on."Yes sir"so I put his belt on upside down and his ammunition pouches upside down fix them to his belt,then put his gaiters on over is trousers again upside down. This all true.
    I said" sir you are ready now to go on parade.." so off he went swinging his swagger cane most officers had them, well he was a captain.I could not see the whole of the Square but I could see all the troops lined up and the R.S.M who was standing out in front of them all,and then out marched the officers to each of their companys, then it was the turn of the Dr, And then I heard the R,S,M,shout out "Dr-------by name,do you know you have come on to the CO PARADE with all your kit on upside down sir will you go and put it all on again this time the right way up and you only 5mins to do it before the CO gets here. He rushed over to me,"I will deal with you later now get it off and do it right this time"He was mad and his face was very red because it made him look a fool in front of the whole regiment.

end link