Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I went to my office pulled the chair and sat on it for a bout 30mins just thinking how and what I should do next,Anyway I could not write well with my right hand so used my left one and that was not much better,I wrote down a list for what I would need to help me with this job.First I needed was pens,and note paper, also a lot of files and pages in them for all the military personal in the regiment some 1200in number +ex ones, A big writing book with lines, for each company ,brown and white envelopes,and list of names of all the personal +one of n.c.o. and officers and what company they were all in and their rank and jobs.+ a big spelling dictionary because my spelling was and still is not that good,I also need to know in writing where the regiment is to serve over the next year + and over seas posting, So I know what jabs they will need,And there was a lot more on that list but cannot remember them,and I took this list over to HQ ORDERLY OFFICE ,because they are the one that dealt with all this kind of thing,I went in to see the sergeant major who was running the orderly room.
    "That is a very big list Matcham and some of it is secret and confidential and must be under lock and key at all times,"I know all that sir but if I am to make a good job of all this I need that information"Yes you are right Matcham and must say you sound like you know what you are doing but one thing to remember you must not talk about it to anyone unless it is the Dr or this office.At times you will be send over memos which you must sigh for then act on what they tell you. You must NEVER take any of it out of your office and keep all under lock and key."Sir do you not think with all what you telling me and what I must do, I need some rank like a full cpl which would be a help to me +more pay.?"Promotion is out of my hands even if I agree with you,that will be up to the DR and CO and at this time they have not said anything.We will bring this list over within 24hours and sigh for it."What you all must remember at that time in the 1960s there was no PC,No lap tops nothing on you phone bar numbers All had to be done by hand writing and keeping of books .

end link