Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Just before we moved off we were given GARMENTS TO CHANGE into and some Thermal under wear because of the cold weather in the highlands,as the witch DR,I was given a ex sackcloth dress to wear and a tribal head dress to be worn only in the mornings ,also were given a ground sheet which could be tuned into a tent each group was given a radio so we could talk to each other,and last a 48 hr ration pk. and a holdall to put it all in which was to be carriad on your back, some had a gun but not me ,all I had was a long knife . Well off we went towards the highlands by road ,sorry also we had a number each which was on our Garment ,this is what we called each by our number mine was 6 mr Vesty was no1 and the sgt was no2 and so on.after a bout two hours on the road I said to" no1 ,we will miss the ferry across the river if we do not go faster then we are doing,"That will not happen even if we were 24hours late after the sailing time 6""Can I ASKE why please no 1"
    "iT IS BECAUSE I and my family own it." so it will wait for us even if we do not make the sailing time"
    That put a smile on our faces I can tell you.
    Anyway we did get there on time for the sailing.

end link