Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well major Mcdonald was true to his word ,the N/S/MEN were marched into his office two at a time and each of them afterwards was marched to the store where they had to draw out their kit again,and put it on then they were all put in the backs of 3ton lorrys and with some of our rear party and MPS taked to the COLCHESTER Detention Centre to carry out their 56days in nick without pay .
    It was only about two days then it hit the headlines in the newspaper and TV .lots of the public were saying the army was wrong and that they were to hard on them.
    But in my way of thinking the Army was right the men was told what would happen before they went on the beer that night, one newspaper made it headlines for a few days and were saying that Major Mcdonald was wrong.But he hit back at them and again he was right ,he was a very good officer and one that looked after his men as you will read later on.
    Well with all the work now done and the bks sighed over it was time for us to return to the regiment,must say not looking forward to that life had been good most of the time being in the rear party.But did this happen or was there someing in store for myself that I did not know find out in the next part of my life story. It is better than watching the world cup.

end link