Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The sergeant turn to me "Matcham I have no choice but to put you on a charge, you put all our life,s in Danger,"
    Must say he was right,so I found myself again being matched over to the CO office.
    Waiting outside was the RSM Mr Parker was his name that name I will never forget .
    "Matcham hand over you berry and belt and march in stop at the desk and shout out your name rank and number "Yes Sir "
    So in I was marched stopped by the CO desk and shout out"Pte Matcham 2352---- Sir,
    But it was to turnout to be my lucky day,it was not the CO sitting there but the Adjutant a Major Mac Donald who was at one time my company commanding officer and a very fair man.
    "Not the first time you have in this office in the last few weeks Matcham"
    "No sir I shouted out"
    "Read out the charge Sergeant Major"
    So he done that.

"What have you say about that Matcham did it happen the way it was put"?
    "Yes sir it was"
    "So you take all the blame then Matcham?"
    "Yes I do sir"
    "Then what made you fire the gun knowing that it could blow out the barrel and put life,s at risk?"
    I had already had in my own mind what I was going to say .
    "Sir as it happen and I was getting off the ground the target went up in front of me and in my way of thinking I had no choice but to fire,because if it had been the real enemy I could not have said stop mate while I clean out my barrel before we shot each other,because he would have killed me ,so I had to take the change my barrel would not blow up.but as it was it did blow up sir."
    "Ok march him out again and wait outside and I will talk it over with the R,S,M about what punishment I am going to give out"
    So that is what happen.
    Back later to tell you more,

end link