Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

We had a interlude or interval after about 90mins/ The bands did not move off the bandstand up the public and our Royal Guests did. after about 30mins they all came back and off we went again ,first up was the Kneller Hall jazz band and then they done a old time sing along with the public joining in most were old war numbers.
    After that it was the turn of our Guest Conductor who at that time was one of the very best in the world always on the radio and TV it was Sir Malcolm Sargent he was also a composer and Organis.
    We were to play sections from Gilbert and Sullivan .The Mlkado, Trail by Jury and the Pirates of Penzance .With this about 50 members of the band was going to sing and not play.(Later in my life I was to end up singing some of the numbers myself on the stage but not at this concert.He was very good and it sounded great and at the end of it he had the public standing uo capping and shouting out for more.
    Now it came to the last number all the bands playing the Battle of Waterloo and the conductor of this great music number :was the top man himself Col/Mcbain .

end link