Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was sitting in the hut by the gate it had gone well pass midnight when a car pulled up at the closed gate,
    I looked in the the car and at the wheel was a person in a uniform of a bandmaster "Yes it was the ex bandmaster of the Buffs now the bandmaster of Kneller Hall Mr Sharp himself as you know he was the one who said He did not like me and I would never pass to get to Kneller.
    This was the first time we had come across each other at the collage,but could not see who I was ,I had my hat on +it was dark.
    I said."!"Sir can I see you ID card please?without it I can not let you in".
    "You can see that I am Mr Sharp the school bandmaster I do not need to show my ID so let me in.
    His wife also sitting next to him said"Please let us in."
    "I am very sorry sir without your ID card I cannot let you in ,they are my orders from the duty officer.
    Mrs Sharp then said "I would like to get home tonight."
    "I am very sorry but I will not open the gate.
    I could see Mr Sharp was getting cross about it all,but there was nothing he could do ,all I was doing is carrying out my orders.
    At that point I said to Mr Sharp "If your wife stays with the car sir I will take you round to the guard room and you can talk to the duty Guard officer.
    ""I know where the guard room is I will go on my own."
    "Again Sir that can not happen I have to take you"
    By this time the person with me was back from walking round .
    So I asked him to wait with the car and Mrs Sharp till we get back.:rolleyes
    He was not happy about all this but as I told him my orders are my orders and must carry them out to the T.
    So off we both went to the guard room. The guard commander was outside talking when we got there.I told him what had happen .After the officer had a talk to MR SHARP he turn to me and said Ok you can let Mr Sharp and his wife in the gate.On returning to his car.Mr Sharp turned and said "Bandsman you have not heard the last of this""!
    After we was replaced for our rest time the Guard Commander said I was in the right and not to worry about it.

end link