Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have missed out a story so will go back to it now.
    I returned to Kneller Hall after my Christmas and new year at home so we are now into 1960.
    And my year was to end in October of that year.
    Back to my story on my first day back I found out I was to be on Guard duty that very night,I did not mine that only had two to do so lets get them out of the way.
    Well that night I went along to he Guard-room there was 6 or 8 of us we was told by the N.C.O.of the guard room what we was to do and where to go.Two was to go on the main gate Two was walking round the school grounds and two around the outside of the homes of the officers who lived in a street next to the school that street was fenced off with Gate to come in and out off.
    And the last two was resting it was two hrs on and two hrs off.
    Anyway it was my turn with one other to walk around the the houses of the officers this was from midnight till 0200hrs in the morning..
    We was told not to let anyone in the gate which was closed at 2230hrs after that the gate was manned.So my mate was to do the walking round.
    I was on the gate I was told to stop all cars coming in or out of the gate and anyone walking around ,aske for their ID CARD if they did not have one on them I was told to take them to the guard-room even if I know who they was .no-pass no getting in or out for anyone.

end link