Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

After a day at home ring on the door bell and standing there was the young reporter of that time still going today Mr Terry Sutton he wanted a update of my brother and myself in the army.
    Both my brother and myself was posted not many miles away from each other so I would go up to Knightsbridge Bks where he was and he would show me round and in their old bks the troopers was on the top floor with their horse right below them.He was doing well in his unit and was soon a lance-sgt.
    It was much harder for myself.
    With Christmas over and back at Kneller things were happening and I was getting a few ex bob some weekends because of the big Rugby match,s next door.Kneller Hall would open up its car parks to take in the overflow of cars from the match and some of us would be showing the cars where to park and we got paid for that. I was about half way in to my one year at the collage and not doing to bad ,I was getting better on both my musical instruments and music tests etc.
    But still getting pain in my legs and back.
    It was about May time in 1960 when we was told that the four bands will now come one very big band so it could start its rehearsing for the big summer outdoor concerts.first it was one a week then later there was 3 or even 4 each week.
    On the very first outdoor rehearsal the fun was about to start.

end link