Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

After about two weeks there because of the high numbers of pupils and Student bandmasters they made up four bands having been put in one you stayed in the same band for the whole year each band had two Student bandmasters in charge.
    Our working week was taken up with(1)Band Practice)Practising on your own in the summer weeks you all was put outside in a big field so off you would go to a part on your own and practising the Student bandmasters at times would come round and see how you was getting on and help you if the need be.
    And last your lessons with the professor.
    In the winter weeks about two times a month the four bands would meet up and play as one big full band even the Student bandmasters had their on band and they were very good.
    This was done because in the summer weeks all of us would play as one full band to the public on a outside bandstand.
    There was always a full house of the public coming to the outside concerts well over 3000 of them.
    So it was all work and on top of that you had to sit music examinations and tests the whole time you was there.
    But after being there only a few weeks I just had to give in to the pain in my legs and back and go to see the Doctor.Must say I was not feeling very well at the time.
    First of all I was put on pain killers because being at Kneller hall only a year if I missed a week off or even a day it would put me behind the rest.with no time to make it up.
    But the pain would not ease up and in the end I had to go and have xrays and test at the hospital,I was there a week they told me they had found some thing wrong but did not know what it was ,so they would have to keep me in for more tests.
    I could not agree to doing this because of what I was missing at Kneller Hall with my music.
    So after keeping on to them to let me go after 10days they did but told me to keep taking the pain killers so that is what happen.
    When I got back I had to work hard at nights in my free time to catch up with the rest but after taking the painkillers all I wanted to do is sleep.But I was winning in catching up with the rest.Even then after I had been there some time Mr Shape would walk by me not knowing it was myself and that made me smile.
    By now it was Christmas time and home we went for a full two weeks .
    And great to see my family again my brother was home for Christmas to from the Guards this time without the horse.

end link