Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Just a few weeks before going to Kneller Hall,I started to get pains off and on in both legs and lower back but only at times so I did not take much notice of it then but later in my life story it played a big part in the way my life turned.
    It was a few weeks before we settle down at Kneller hall it was a great place to be ,in some ways it made you think you was not in the army.
    You did not have to wear boots it was shoes24/7 and the only drill you done was to march to the open air bandstand in the summer weeks.
    And had to do only two Guard duty the whole time you was there.
    It was music,music all the time from 0830 in the morning to about 1900hrs at night unless it was concert night then it went on to about 2230hrs.
    Our music masters were true professional all of them had been to university and played in bands or orchestra in London and the UK.
    And we had to call them professors we had two lessons a week with them with on the clarinet because that was my main one and one violin it was done on on a one to one in their own music rooms.
    There was about 200 pupils and some 30 Student bandmasters ,then came the School bandmaster who as you know was my old bandmaster who did not like me and said at the time "Matcham you will never make it to Kneller Hall ,at this time he still did not know I was there ,that is to come later on.
    Then we had a non music R.S.M WHO CAME FROM THE COLDSTREAM GUARDS.so we all done our best to keep well away from him.
    And the top man at that time was a Lieutenant Colonel Mr C.Mcbain of the Scots Guards and being a scotsman he was always on the malt whisky,and a very hard man to get on with as you will read later,

end link