Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Kneller Hall is very big you can see for yourself by going onto their webbsite.
    We got to he big gate carrying all our kit and was met by a Student bandmaster he give us a plan of the lay out of Kneller Hall with it came how we get to the block we was to have a room in for the next year,
    Kneller hall do not just have musicians from the UK army but from all over the world .
    What happens is you join a army band then if you turnout good you then move on to Kneller Hall first as a pupil for one year.
    Then you return to your band in my case that was the Buffs for 3 more years then you can take the very very hard examinations to go back to Kneller Hall this time as a Student Bandmaster with the rank of WO 1 after 3 more years there if you pass all the examinations and some do not you pass out as a bandmaster, but if you do then you get your own army band.But it does not end there after years of being a bandmaster some go on be a director of music that hold the rank of major or even higher. And then you get one of the top army bands or R.A.F. like the Coldstream Guards.And that is about your lot to end up as a major in a army band is a very high rank and very few get there.But Mr Sharpe late on in my life story done better then all of them,He ended up as head of all the army bands as a Lieutenant Colonel.
    Mr Trevor Sharpe started off like the rest of us a Jr band boy in boys service.
    But back to the time I was at Kneller Hall and Mr Sharpe was then the head bandmaster of the army by being the bandmaster of Kneller Hall,

end link