Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Anyway when I got home on leave I was walking along Westbury Rd in my NO1 dress feeling very happy.And outside our house tided to the fence was this very big horse So I patted his back and went in.
    It turned out that my brother was there to a weekend pass, and he had gone to a riding school and hired a horse
    for the day to show mum and dad how well he could ride.
    We all had a good time and there was a ring on the door bell and it was a reporter from the Dover Express.
    I do not know how they found out but they wanted our story with photos about our time in the army etc so having done that The heading in the paper was !TWO BROTHERS DOING WELL IN THE ARMY!with our photos in our N01 blues,
    I went out with my mates and done a vist to my old school Astor Sec.
    After the two weeks it was time to say our good byes to the family and returned to Canterbury to get my kit and with my best to mates with me went to the office got our train pass to London said our good byes to the staff and off we went carrying all our army kit and that was not easy.
    When we got to London we then had to get to Twickenham again by train.
    On getting there we found that Kneller Hall was right next to the home of England Rugby ground.
    What a great place to be posted ,but at that time any where would have been better then where we was before.

end link