Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was waiting to go to Kneller hall (The Royal Military School of Music)but was not due to be there till the 19.10.59.so I was send home on leave for two whole weeks.
    This was great only been home a few times at weekends this was my first real leave and with pay.
    I could not get on the train to soon .
    Just to give you some back ground to what had happen at home from the time I went into the army .
    My Dad had paid out for my brother to go to a collage living in .When there he had got his call up papers for National Service,but had it put back two years till he had done collage.
    So returning from collage he again got his call up papers so off he went into the army.
    When asked what unit he would like to try for .he told them the Household Cavalry,that cannot be done he was told,it takes two years of horse training so if he wanted to do that he would have to signed on so he sighed along the dotted line for 22years but could come out after six. After my dad heard this he was not that happy after paying out all that money for him to go to collage,

end link