Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

And there was the time they were holding a international conference in Folkestone and they held a very big concert for the members and leaders and some Army officers at the Leas Cliff Hall ,so they put two army bands on the stage at the same time to play to a very packed hall of V.I.P.S.
    If you have seen the stage at the leas you would know it is not that big and to have two army bands up there at the same time there was not much room for all of us.
    I was one of two Ef clarinet players that was sitting in the front row of the bands .When we came on to the stage I was the very first one to sit down and my chair was near the edge of the stage .as more members of the bands came on I was asked by the band sgt major to move round .I told him I was near the edge ,"DO WHAT I TELL YOU MATCHAM MOVE"so doing what I was told to do I moved my chair so it was only just on the very edge of the stage ,then on came the Bandmaster to lead us
    He brought his baton up so we could all stand up and play God Save the Queen every one in the hall got up at the same time as we played the first note of music my left foot missed the edge of the stage and "Yes" off the end of the stage I went it was a long fall till I hit the ground. I landed at the feet of a army major siting in the front row with his wife.She moved to help me up but he stopped her because the band was still playing GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
    So I got myself up waited till the end of the band playing the Queen ,then made my way back on to the stage and back to my chair. nothing was said to me about after the concert but I was in pain for some days after.

end link