Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

"Right Matcham"!The bandmaster said."The CO and myself have been thinking about Remembrance Sunday we have come up with a good idea ,it has never been done before but because this year we are going to have a lot of high ranking officers and the Mayor of Canterbury there along with the full council, we would like you to play a violin solo in the church with the full band backing you,and the solo will be Abide with me.As you know it is well known and it will go down well.
    "Do you think you up to do that.?
    "Yes sir I can do that."
    I went away very happy just thinking that it will put my name up in lights Its not a hard number to play anyway.
    Must say things were going well for me at last ,I had now stopped going to school after getting my 3rd class and second class army Certificate in Education which gave me a pay raise and being the only violin player and Ef clarinet player in the full band ,I was not the best clarinet player by far but the only one that played the Ef one and I was playing mainly solos because of that.
    Anyway on with the story.
    So all week we was drilling with the troops well over 150 of them .
    And the rest of the time I was rehearsing ABIDE WITH ME ,with the full band backing me.
    Before playing in public at the church we had one last dress reheasal in the church on Saturday afternoon in front of the CO and other officers and staff.
    And after that the bandmaster came over to me and said"Well done Matcham that sounds very good.

end link