Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

After the days working we was just siting around or lieing down on our beds when the room N.C.O. came it ,at once we were up and standing by our beds,but he told us to relax because we had a hard days work,he went on to say in the morning there was to be a full band practice in the big hut which was always used for practice .
    Some of the lads in my hut were in the band but most were like myself new and we had our instruments but only still learning and were not ready to play in a band.
    He went on to say we was to go along and sit in with the members of the band just to see how they played and to get some kind of knowledge what went on we can wear shoes and take your army issue instrument with you,for me that was the Eb Clarinet,the one you see on Tv and in bands is the long one that is a Bf clarinet ,the Ef is much smaller in size but harder to play you play parts like a flue very high pitch instrument.After that the rest of the day was yours to go into the city etc.
    But I could not go as it was my first weekend in the army.
    Anyway next day we had to be ready to march down to the church for the Sunday morning service which all lads in the camp had to go to and our band would play at the service ,so we had to turnout good in our uniforms.
    So some of us were getting our kit ready others went out to the TV room.

end link