Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

When telling this life story it might not always be in order but all events did take place but it is very hard for me to remember the order the y happen.
    It was the first friday night,this happen I had just got back in the hut when I was called to the room of the N.C.O in charge of us in the hut.The room he had was at the very end of the hut.
    I knocked on the door and was told to come in .he was a full cpl .
    He went on to tell me all the rules and what would happen to me if I did not keep to them.
    I was told I could not go out anywhere only to the N,F centre which was in the main bks to buy any cleaning gear I needed for the following week .After a few weeks I will be allow to go into Canterbury only on Saturday afternoon for a few hours I was to wear my uniform when going out of camp. But that was easy to do because that is all I had.
    I was told last post is sounded at 2100hrs when lights will go out and up at 0600hrs .
    And I was to get washed and dressed and then make my bed up.Thinking back to that second night and morning this happen The lights went out at 2100hrs and after about one hour in bed we could hear a lot of shouting from one of the other huts and crying.WE was not to talk after lights out but I turned to the lad in he next bed and said What is going on in there "Do not talk but I would soon know .The shouting and crying went on and on but at last I went to sleep.
    At 0600hrs in the morning the lights went on and in came the cpl shouting"Get out of your "PITS"the lads all got up and run like mad to the wash house at the end of the hut .I was to slow getting out of my bed and I was tipped out of it after washing and getting dressed we had to make our bed sheets and blankets into a box and hen with the last blanket had to go round the other ones so it was a box it had to be a correct size or it would be picked up by the cpl and pushed out the window even if it was raining.
    It was all new to me and very hard to get my head round it.

end link