Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The lads came back that night did not say much to myself but was told by the Jr N.C O of the room.right you have all your kit now and the plan what you must do to it ,as this is your first working day you have one day only to get all your kit up to standard put your name and number on all of the kit which means stamping them on your mess tins and boots etc and press it all up and put into the sizes shown on you plan ,must say some of the lads came in from time to time and helped me and the cpl was there to at times .I was shown how to burn my boots and get a bull shine on them till you see your face in them,I had 3 uniforms to press my blues or no1 dress for wearing out when playing in the band my SD uniform which was the kind that they had in the first would war not nice to wear that was you one you had on most and then you battle dress for working in like cleaning etc. then there was the head dress hats that had to be brush round and round .and lots more .Anyway by the end of the day I was about all in.then about 1800hrs all the lads from the room came in and the NCO of the room +the Jr N.C.O. had us all standing my our beds ,he went on to say in the morning we were going to have a big room and kit inspection and the standard of you kit and room must be very high and then the CO and the RS,M will be coming round to examine both you and the room with all kit lied out on the bed so with this in mind the lights will not be turn of at last post that is because of the time to get it already and once your kit is on the bed it is not to be moved till after the inspection you will polish the floor till you can see you face in it all the washhouse must be cleaned and all the dusting done and windows cleaned to.then if there is time to rest after lie down on the floor . The N.CO, came round at times all night seeing how we was doing .He then went onto say"Do not let me down some of you know already what happens if this room is not the best out of the other huts.At some point we did stop to go for a meal down at the cookhouse.

end link