Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was told before I signed on that I was going to a place which was run like a music school +I would be going back to doing school work.And in my way of thinking I was looking forward to getting there because music was my big love .
    But how wrong could a person be in thinking that
    When I first got there I was send to a office and told to wait after some time I was taken into the office and was told about all the rules and what I must do and not do,
    I must be up and washed and dressed ready to be marched to the cookhouse with the other lads after the food then march back to get your kit all put out on your bed and then there will be a kit and room inspection then outside for a roll call and a officer inspection and then drill after that you go to school for the rest of the morning after dinner then it is music for the rest of the day apart from the day you all have to do sport.
    After that talk I was taken to the bed store to get my bedding even a mattress having got that I was marched to a row of wood huts ,I then found out this was to be my home for the first year. I was given a old bed with a locker.
    There was about 15 beds down both sides of the room at one end was a coke fire (Yes a coke one and you could smell it all the time it was not a open fire and you took the top off to put the coke in behind that was some steps leading down to the wash house .
    Then after that I was given a plan on how to put your kit out on the bed ready for the inspection each morning.
    Also given a timetable of the school days and what class we was going to take on that day,and times of my music lessons and the name of the N.C.O. who was is the boss of the room where we had our beds and his job to get the jobs done in the room and ready for The R,S,M room inspections of both us and the room I was given others of what my room job was .
    Also each room had J.N.C. O who also were there to tell you what to do..I had to go then to the kit store and get all my kit out .I told you have the rest of the day to get all your kit cleaned and pressed and boots bulled up ready for the morning.

end link