Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Over the next few postings will be about my time as a boy in the army.
    that was over 40 years ago but some of what I am about to tell you will be with me till the day I died.
    I do know now that into days army it is a lot better and we have now just like then the best soldiers in the world.
    A nd every one of them is a hero in my eyes,which makes the story I am telling harder to put into words and also I do not wish to stop any young person from joining up it is a good life and we also need young men and women to join up.
    I would like to think what happen to me and the young lads with me was a one off and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    When I enlisted I was told to go back home and would be called back in a few days and that was true in a few days a letter came telling me where and when to report .
    The place was Canterbury boys unit .in the letter it told me the time I must be there and what to bring with me.
    That was a small case only with my washing gear etc.
    And my violin and that is all and to report at 0930hrs .
    I think it was on a Tuesday ,well said good bye to my family and dad give me some cash to help me till I g ot paid.

end link