Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It was a Saturday night and we had a full house with some public waiting outside to try and get in.
    To get to the projection rooms where I was working you had to go to the top of the stairs inside the cinema then walk across the roof on a walkway then up some steps and open the door at the top into the room.
    I was having my cup of tea when the head projectionst called out"Vic time to put the lights on.
    Acting on my own without asking I put the lights on in the cinema and closed the curtain thinking the film was over(Wrong move )
    The film was not over it had only been rolling about 1hour .
    The head was shouting all the names under the sun at me.
    And even the manger was on the phone asking what the hell is going on.
    The boss man said to me "What are playing at putting all the lights on in the cinema/?
    I turned round and said "It was you who told me to do it."
    He then shouted" It was the outside lights on the roof I am talking about!Why did you not aske first?"
    He went on the say "When we put the lights on in the cinema we say lights up not on and you was told this in your training."!
    The manger phoned up and said I will see Matcham in my office on Monday morning.
    Well on Monday morning I was waiting outside his office ,he called me in I was ready to get the sack.
    But he told me to sit down he went on to say he had been talking to my dad and what should they do about me

end link