Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

By the way the Galmont is now a bingo (Late in my life story I will be telling you all of the story what happen when I ended up there as their caller.)
    Back to my life story at the Odeon.
    It was a Saturday night both cinemas had good films on and they had a full house each.
    We was showing Bob Hope ,and the other cinema had a cowboy film on.
    I was doing my work like any other night the news came on and after I got the reels rewinded them put them on my bicycle and off we went
    But I was running late so I had to get a move on.
    When I got down there I was asked to load the first reel into number 2 projector and the other one into number 3 projector having done that I was looking down at the big film in one of the holes we had up there .
    Well the big film came to the end so time to put the news on ,so the head projectionist put on the number 2 projector and up came the first reel of the news so far so good
    When the first reel reel was coming to the end over it went to the second projector for the next reel of the news ,but it was not the second reel of the news up came in its place was Bob Hope running with his legs through the ladder at the back of a fire engine ,it had the whole cinema rolling over with laughing what I had done in my rush was pick up one of the news and one reel of our main film . I can tell you that they were not happy and the language from the head projectionist I can not put on this forum.But it did not all end there at the same time back at the Odeon where the main film was on up came a reel of the Path news .True story.

end link