Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It was only the next day I found out that they were looking for a young lad to train up as a film projectionist at the Odeon Cinema {Now the TA training centre in Dover .
    Well I was taken on,the downside of it was the head projectionist had his family working there with him.
    His wife was the second projectionist and also he was the uncle to the number 3 projectionist and last was me the boy and a outsider.
    The first two weeks were great they were showing me how to work the projector and how to join the films together.
    Then things started to go wrong for me
    First I must tell you all we had only one Path news beween the two Cinemas the Odeon and the Galmont both owned by the same company.
    One of my jobs was to wait till the Odeon had put the news on .then I would rewind the film on the rollers ,then get on my bike which had a basket on the front to put the reels of film in and go like like mad down to the other cinema
    And in the 1950s there was no oneway so cars, bus lorrys was coming up and down London rd.
    When I got there I would have to load the number 3 projector with the first reel of the news, then wait till all the reels and news was over then rewind them back again back on the bike to the Odeon and do it all over again.

end link