Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ok lets move on my very first job was when I was still at school .
    It was working for the Star newspaper selling them in the high st in Dover my patch was standing where the works book shop is now I would be one side and old Harry was on the other side selling the Standard best day was a Saturday with all the football round ups.Then on the bus up to the army bks selling to the troops.
    When I left school just about 15 my first job was working for a coach building company call Kenx it was down the lane by the now gone old cinema in castle st.
    And they to convert vans into minibus or vans with windows ,but I found it boring so after a few weeks I packed it in.
    Lots of jobs going than in Dover so the same day I got a job working for a engineering company in the Eastern dorks .
    My job was to bend steel into a u bend for the Dover engineering works it was done with a tool called a fly press ,it had a handle and you would have to wind it up by hand on a spinal and then rest the steel under it on pads then lower the arm down and that would press the steel into a U ,you would have to do this over 100 times a day very boring ,one morning I came in not very happy and I got hold of the handle and at speed let it go ,well what happen next I will never get over on the end of the bar that came down was very big steel ball . When I let go of the handle it hit the steel came back up and the ball hit me in the back of the head when I came to "Yes you are right I was in hospital yet again but this time it was for two weeks.

end link