Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As we move away from my school days I must tell you a story about both me and my brother David.
    He had already left school and was waiting to be called up to do his Two years N/Service.
    Anyway if you know Westbury rd, you will also know that our house no 34 is in a dip and there are steps down to the front door and side and side door.
    At that time David had a job in Sandwich so because he worked late it was taking along time by bus to get back home so dad got him a motor bike it was a James 197cc.
    As I told you before Dad was good at DIY and as we used to keep the bike in my dad workshop at the bottom of the garden next to our fish pond ,so we had to take the bike down the steps push it round to the back of the house down more steps by the lawn to get it in the workshop and this took a lot of time and then back out in the morning .
    So dad build this ramp from the top of the steps at the back right up into the street so all we had to do was push the bike up the ramp making it a lot better .
    Anyway it was in the winter and this one morning dad had gone to work +it was raining very hard .
    So my brother and myself went down to the workshop to get the bike out.
    And David said"I will get on the bike put it in gear and you push but we will take it up the lawn not the steps onto the ramp "Great that will save time and less hard work for me"
    So off we went him riding and me pushing ,we got halfway up the lawn when the bike stop and I could not stop it running backwards with Dav still on it,well it pushed me into the pond and the bike ended on top of both David and myself , so some how we got the bike off us and pulled it out of the pond we had already helped each other to get out.
    He done no more and turned round hitting me hard which in turn put me back into the pond shouting I should have stopped the bike .

end link