Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

There are lots more storys to tell about my school days but we must move on,but before we do just one more about family life in the 1950s not only for the matchams but most familys done the same kind of thing on the family day which was Sunday.
    My family were a big church family Dad was church warden .
    Well we all would go to church some times both morning and night and as boys also went to Sunday school which must say we did not like.
    After morning service it was a big Roast dinner then one of two things happen (1)we would all go out for a walk over the hills to the King Lear in the 1950 it was a pub in the middle of no where Dad and mum would go in have one drink only and we would sit outside with a soft drink.
    ("2"We would walk over the cliffe to the bay where my Gran lived in Kingsdown Rd,
    We would have tea then bus back.
    Then came the great event of the day,just before going to bed we had to settle down in the front room (We was only aloud to use it on Sunday and my dad would read to us from a book called Uncle Toms Cabin it was about slavery we as boys found in very boring then it was off to bed. Well thats it for tonight over the weekend I will move on to the day I left school and the jobs I had before going into the army at 16years old. Just to add I was singing in the choir for many years our church was Christ Church in Folkestone rd it was a big cold church next to the Alma .Now a block of flats.

end link