Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have read much of the recent e-mail from Dover District Council concerning the LDF and the whole issue continues to make my blood boil.

DDC is behaving like an arrogant Stalinist clique in trying to turn Whitfield into a New Town.

They should remember that they are democratically elected public servants and as such have to listen to the will of the people.

They are not there to farm council tax payers, which is it seems to me the main point of the development.

Whitfield has spoken with one voice and it is a resounding "no". Moreover, Tory candidate Charlie Elphicke supports them.

I have been accused of being "aggressive" - well I would say that to use the machinery of the British state to bully a whole community, which very much feels under attack, to cause a great deal of stress and worry even now, to destroy their quality of life, to cause much more traffic, noise, pollution etc. is extremely aggressive.

It is as well that there are activists such as myself around to hold the council to account.

It's called democracy - the cause for which the UK endlessly asks its armed forces to give their lives.

end link