Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes thats right Brian, I agree.

David Cameron is rightly being ruthless in his investigation into Tory wrongdoers and is not waiting for the Telegraph to 'out' them before acting. To sack one of his right hand men like this says a lot about his determination to be pro-active. I would not be surprised if there is a re-selection fight in McLean's constituency and a good job too.

Contrast that to the Labour Chief Whip who was interviewed on the BBC admitting he knew about Morley's false mortgage claim four days ago but kept quiet. Only on Morley being 'outed' by the Telegraph was any action taken by him.

I would expect a few things to happen over the next week.

I think the police and tax authorities will get involved in some of the worse cases where it seems likely a fraud has been committed.

I also think that DC will be confronting some of the others among the worse offenders who may not have broken the rules or law - expect some whip withdrawals and re-selections on the Tory side of the House. There is a lot more drama to come on this one.

end link