Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

howard mcsweeney1 wrote:

the thing that struck me most when i moved here 12 years go was the slow pace of things here, took me a while to adjust but the people in general are the friendliest you are likely to find anywhere.

If you thought Dover was slow it is a good thing you did not move to Norfolk every workman there seemed to work on the principle of 'manyana' would do. Once I got used to that I loved the area especially as it was almost litter free even beside the busy roads.

You would have to pay me to live along Maison Dieu when there are such lovely old houses like mine just off it but horses for courses I suppose.

If I was moving to an unknown area I would spend at least a weekend looking that area around before committing my hard earned money to a property I might hate once I moved in. I originally planned to improve this house I am in then look for a small property for myself and another for my daughter and grandsons.............ten years later we are staying put as we love being here.

end link