Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi Cheryl,
    I moved to Dover 31 years ago and I love it here. There is no way I would move away now. The people are so friendly and have been since day 1. When we arrived I knew nothing about the town and knew no-one but within a couple of hours my lovely neighbour (who had been keeping us going with cups of tea while we moved in ) had told me all about things I needed to know, like nearest shops, dustbin day, bus stops etc. Having a young baby and with a husband on shift work it could have been lonely but I soon got to know more people. I can honestly say that in my opinion Dover folk are the friendliest I've ever met.
    I was talking to a lady the other day who had moved to Manchester where she told me there was non stop things for her kids to do, loads of night life and a good modern shopping centre. After a couple of months her kids were so home sick for Dover that she moved back! That has to tell you something.
    We have countryside, seaside, views, walks, a good rail service, history and a good future with the work planned for the town. I hope you do come here because I know you will love it as much as I do. Good luck anyway. Oh yes, I like Maison Dieu road because it has some lovely houses and is close to the shops.

end link