Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

"Love Andrew's suggestion re the flags, the more the merrier. Would add a Red Duster to the list in recognition of the British merchant vessels in the port, and a White Ensign for the rare occasions that the RN makes an appearance and to commemorate the building of the Admiralty Harbour and the legendary exploits of the Dover Patrol."

Thanks for your kind words, Ed. Yes, I forgot the Red Duster for some reason (despite my family's lengthy Merchant Navy background). Of course the Red Duster should figure prominently.

And another thing, which I've mentioned before: when are the great and the good going to commission people to get the paint pots and brushes out to tart up the chipboarded shops and buildings that are growing inexorably in the district's towns?

As I keep banging on about, until the economy does turn for the better (and that's not going to be any time soon) it's all about perception.

And think too about New York's famous 'broken window' policy. These things ARE important and they DO matter.

end link