Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I don't get out much but had to go out today to get a blood test, and I could not help thinking how down at heel Dover is looking. I went from the Gateway to the Health Centre via Maison Dieu Road, and what did I pass? Levelled out garage sites growing fine crops of buddleia, crumbling pavements, Maison Dieu Road itself looking pretty grubby. The Magistrates Court looks in need of at the very least a good clean if not a paint-up. Coming back I came back through St Mary's Churchyard, again looking unkempt and uncared for. I love Dover, it is my town, for years I lived opposite the Town Hall and considered it part of my life. We have so much history, dating back to at least the Iron Age. Could we not concentrate on cleaning up and getting rid of eyesore buildings, concentrate on selling ourselves as the tourist attraction we could be (we have at least as much history as Canterbury) and stop wasting time Town Clerk and Sue Nicholas bashing.

end link