Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This must be what Reg refers to doesn't suggest Chris was one of the judges.

Sunday 21st February 2016
    Not all engagements go to plan and carnival selection nights are no exception. What should have been a busy day, judging and crowning all changed almost from the moment we arrived. Having all been in the court before, as junior princesses and queens (Honor was even Junior Guild Queen for a year), they were looking forward to seeing old friends. Unfortunately it quickly became apparent that there were not enough entrants to fill the court spaces and my girls jumped up and down wanting to enter for the spaces. While I spent a very pleasant afternoon and evening chatting to the visiting courts a panel from as far afield as Hornsey, North London, took over the judging.
    It was particularly nice to see the Dover Town Carnival court there, and wish them well for their selection night on 26th March. At the end of the event I got the pleasure of crowning the new courts and, although it was a shame not to see more entrants, it was nice that everyone who entered got a place in the courts and I know that they will all have an enjoyable year ahead of them. Well done to Dover Carnival Association and good to see Dover's two carnival courts supporting each other.

end link