Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As I said Keef, it's not bad at all for coverage of local mining - though I view it as criminal the removal of such as the pit head winding machinery and ancillary buildings which were part of our industrial heritage - BUT it could have been so much more.

e.g. I for one would like to know how windmills out at sea producing presumably a variable direct current poke 240V AC out of my sockets or how photo voltaics work.

I'd like to see a Stirling engine working with an explanation of how it works.

The same for heat pumps. Studied thermodynamics at Uni but I'm damned if I can explain how they produce more energy than you put in without Googling.

Such a wasted opportunity.

Apparently there was meant to be some sort of biomass energy thingy there but it was knocked on the head due to cost (so much for cheap green energy!?)

I was told that a lot of the building is going to be used as 'performance spaces'.

That's all we need. Visiting theater groups interpreting global warming through the medium of sodding mime ...................

end link