Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I wonder if one of the two connecting cables has been stretched across the hinge causing a plug to come loose? When I bought my last laptop, a Dell Inspiron, it went wrong after a few months. The picture kept flickering and disappearing. I found that applying pressure to the frame at the top centre of the screen would restore it. I got onto Dell and they sent me a replacement screen under guarantee. When I replaced it, I discovered that the video/data cable linking the screen to the output socket at the top centre of the keyboard ran up the back of the screen and plugged in at the top. Therefore I suspect that all that was wrong was that the plug had come loose where it plugged into the socket at the top of the screen. If your problem is similar, then I would suggest that you dismantle the screen according to the instructions below and check that the plug connections at both ends of the video/data cable and the one on the inverter cable which supplies the power for the screen are all secure. It does sound as though this is what it might be although it could be that one of the cables has been stretched and damaged. Dismantling requires taking out quite a lot of tiny screws and carefully disengaging the plastic screen frame surround bezel. It looks a bit daunting but it is not that difficult. Courage, mon brave.

http://www.screentekinc.com/lcd-removal-instructions.shtml

end link